Flying Saucers Are Real! (Deluxe Edition)September 16, 2016 Anthology Editions
Flying Saucers Are Real! is a catalogue of the Jack Womack UFO library and a history of one of the 20th century’s most pervasive subcultures. The collection presents an unknown wealth of images taken from mid-century flying saucer books and extensive text by the author-collector outlining the history of the UFO phenomenon and opining on the selections. This edition also features an introduction by science fiction author William Gibson.
Deluxe Edition Includes:
- Softcover Book (First Edition)
- “Flying Saucers Are Real” rectangular lapel pin
- “From Heaven To Earth” circular button featuring cover art
- Hardshell 3mm black and white slipcase
- 36 page, black and white risograph zine on the Shaver Mystery
- Lenticular holograph print signed by both Womack and Gibson
- Limited edition 7″ vinyl with Buchanan and Goodman’s “The Flying Saucer Part I & II” on the A-side and a silkscreen print on the B-side
- Newly designed Anthology tote bag
About The Author:
Jack Womack is the author of Ambient (1987), Terraplane (1988), Heathern (1990), Elvissey (1993), Random Acts of Senseless Violence (1994), Let’s Put the Future Behind Us (1996), and Going, Going, Gone (2001). He has taught writing at the Clarion West workshop in Seattle and was the co-winner of the Philip K. Dick Award in 1994.
Jack has published short stories, features, reviews and articles in Omni, Spin, The Washington Post Book World, Artbyte, Science Fiction Eye, and many others. His novels have been translated into German, French, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Czech, Polish, Greek, and Norwegian. He is a longtime resident of New York City.