God Save Sex Pistols (Ultra Deluxe Edition)
October 21, 2016
w/ Jon Savage &
An enhanced edition of the original Rizzoli publication, God Save Sex Pistols offers an unseen visual history of the incendiary punk band. Published to coincide with the fortieth anniversary of the Sex Pistols iconic first record release Anarchy in the UK, Johan Kugelberg, noted writer Jon Savage, and premiere Sex Pistols archivist Glenn Terry draw on an unprecedented wealth of material to produce the most comprehensive visual history of the band ever produced. From McLaren’s handwritten letters to never-before-seen photographs of the band, Jamie Reid’s iconic album artwork, and a range of ephemera from concert tickets to fanzines, this book is a definitive celebration of a group that helped define a movement.
Limited run of 500.
Ultra Deluxe Edition Includes:
- Hardcover book (First Edition)
- Bondage inspired, 5mm “rubber” slipcase designed by Zevs
- Newsprint companion book with rare press clippings
- Screen on the Green heavy cotton print (8.5” x 6”)
- Shatter Logo heavy cotton print embossed and endorsed by Zevs
- God Save the Queen heavy cotton print stamped and endorsed by Jamie Reid
- 4 new silkscreen prints designed by Boo-Hooray (8.5” x 6”)
- Handcrafted clamshell case housing
- Custom stainless steel stand
- Sex Pistols canvas tote bag
About The Editors:
Johan Kugelberg is an editor, curator, and the author of numerous publications, including The Velvet Underground: A New York Art and Punk: An Aesthetic. Jon Savage is the author of England’s Dreaming: Sex Pistols and Punk Rock and Teenage: The Creation of Youth Culture. Glenn Terry is the proprietor of Vicious Sloth Collectables in Melbourne, Australia, and considered one of the world’s foremost authorities on Sex Pistols history.
14 in stock